2019 Honda Gold Wing Tour DCT
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Experience the Ultimate Performance Tourer
This is the bike that invented the concept of the modern touring motorcycle. And reinvented it. And just last year, reinvented it all over again. The latest generation of Gold Wings are leaner, more refined, more up to date than ever. From their super smooth six-cylinder engines to their available 7-speed DCT automatic transmissions. From their revolutionary front suspension systems to tech features like Apple CarPlay™. Lighter, leaner, and designed to push the limits of what a touring bike can be, the 2019 Honda Gold Wing will expand your adventures beyond imagination. Inspire yourself.
ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET, EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. NEVER RIDE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL, AND NEVER USE THE STREET AS A RACETRACK. OBEY THE LAW AND READ THE OWNER'S MANUAL THOROUGHLY. For rider training information or to locate a rider training course near you, call the Motorcycle Safety Foundation at 800-446-9227. Gold Wing® is a registered trademark of Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- Engine: The Gold Wing’s horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine is famously smooth and powerful. The latest version is an 1833cc design that’s over 13 pounds lighter than the previous generation (more than 8 pounds for the DCT versions).
- Aluminum Cylinder Sleeves: High-strength aluminum cylinder sleeves help reduce weight, increase cooling efficiency, and reduce engine length. The 73mm cylinder bore and short, high-strength crankshaft also help make the engine more compact.
- Unicam Cylinder Head Design: The Gold Wing’s engine uses four-valve, Unicam® cylinder head design. That improves engine performance and power, and also contributes to the engine’s weight reduction from its previous generation. The four-valve per cylinder design is also a big part of the Gold Wing’s superior fuel efficiency.
- Exhaust Double Wall Pipes: You may think this is just for cosmetics, but on a hot day single-wall exhaust pipes can throw off a lot of heat. The Gold Wing’s twin-wall design keeps things cooler. Plus, this is the best sounding Gold Wing we’ve ever built!
- Fuel Efficiency: Because the 2019 Gold Wing is light, you’d expect it to be fuel efficient. But its weight is just the start. Combined with the bike’s engine, intake system, and four-valve design, estimated fuel economy is up 22 percent from the previous generation.* Want to really squeeze the last mile out of every drop? Try the “Econ” ride mode setting. (*Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.)
- Cruise Control: Of course the 2019 Gold Wing still features cruise control, and with our stellar throttle-by-wire system it’s better than ever.
- 7-Speed Automatic DCT Transmission: The Gold Wing is available with a revolutionary 7-Speed Automatic DCT. The shifts in this version are faster and smoother than ever, and the overdrive seventh gear is perfect for highway cruising.
- Walking Mode: All Gold Wings with DCT transmissions feature “Walking Mode,” which lets you creep forward under power at a walking pace. Think how easy it will be to get in and out of tight parking spots with a fully loaded bike.
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension: One look and your eyes will immediately go to the Gold Wing’s radical, Honda-engineered double-wishbone front suspension. The innovative design changes the path the wheel travels through the suspension stroke, and that lets us move both the engine and the rider/passenger closer to the front wheel. You get more room, and stellar handling.
- Frame: This latest generation all-aluminum frame is significantly lighter and more compact than previous editions. State-of-the-art die-casting lets us fine-tune chassis rigidity, giving you both a smooth ride and precise handling.
- Swing Arm/Rear Suspension: Using our proprietary single-sided Pro Arm® design, the aluminum swingarm still houses the Gold Wing’s shaft drive. The swingarm links to the frame using a patented pivot structure that both increases stiffness and reduces weight. You get responsive handling and a smoother ride.
- Anti-Lock Brakes: Have to make a hard stop, fully loaded and two up? All 2019 Gold Wings are equipped with combined anti-lock brakes for excellent stopping power under a wide variety of road and traction conditions.
- Ride Modes: Gold Wing engines offer a wide range of user-friendly power, and you can even choose between four ride modes (Tour, Sport, Rain, and Econ). Each mode varies power output depending on the mode selected. On the Gold Wing Tour models, it also changes suspension damping, and the shift points on the DCT models.
- Throttle By Wire: The 2019 Gold Wing’s throttle-by-wire system enables features like our ride modes and our exclusive Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) which you’ll find on our Gold Wing Tour models.
- Hill Start Assist: Both the Gold Wing and Gold Wing Tour models feature Hill Start Assist (HSA). This feature momentarily holds your motorcycle’s position on inclines when the brakes are released and before you apply the throttle, eliminating any roll-back drama. It’s a great convenience when starting from a stop on a hill.
- Smart Key: Your new Gold Wing features an electronic smart key. When the key is in close proximity (say, in your jacket pocket), you can just hop on, press a button, and ride off. An “answer back” feature lets you find your bike in the dark or in crowded rally parking.
- ISG (Integrated Starter Generator): Most cars and motorcycles have separate starters and alternators. Not your new Gold Wing. We’ve combined the starter and alternator into one assembly, that is both light and compact. It’s part of the Gold Wing’s overall weight-savings program, and you’ll hear the difference the first time you press the start button.
- Reverse: Gold Wing DCT models offer an exclusive low-speed reverse that uses engine power. The Gold Wing Tour with manual transmission offers a unique electric reverse. Both systems make it easy to maneuver your bike out of a parking space, especially if you need to roll back up hill.
- HomeLink: Available as an optional feature, HomeLink® lets you integrate your new Gold Wing with devices in your home. A typical example: you can open your home’s garage door without any dedicated controller-just touch a switch on your bike’s center console. No more fumbling, and no hassle.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPMS): Correct tire inflation is a necessity for safe, economical motorcycling. And it’s especially critical with a touring bike, because of the varying loads. The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) automatically warns you of low tire pressure on all Gold Wing models. On Gold Wing Tour models, including a readout of the actual front and rear pressure in PSI is a premium touch.
- Advanced Meters: The Gold Wing’s cockpit meters are information central. In addition to the basics like vehicle and engine speed, loading configuration, ride mode, fuel level, engine temperature and dual tripmeters, you can also monitor outside air temperature, cruise control speed, heater levels and even selected apps linked through CarPlay® on an Apple® iPhone®.
- Apple CarPlay Integration: A first for the motorcycle industry! Apple’s CarPlay™*1 seamlessly integrates your iPhone®*1 into your new Gold Wing. That means you can use your iPhone® to access Apple Maps®, Apple Music®, and other services easily. You’ll have access to weather, playlists and telephone numbers while aboard. Available Bluetooth®*2-enabled wireless headsets let you communicate more easily than ever. And best of all, with more apps available every day, Apple CarPlay™ keeps your bike’s technology and convenience on the cutting edge. (*1 Apple CarPlay and iPhone are the trademarks of Apple Inc. *2 For using Apple CarPlay, connection to a commercially available Bluetooth headset is necessary. See owner’s manual for Bluetooth headset requirements.)
- Navi: Every Gold Wing and Gold Wing Tour are equipped with a big, bright, seven-inch full-color TFT LCD screen to display routes and other navigation information. Plus, since it’s now equipped with a gyrocompass, the system even functions inside a tunnel. Independent of the Apple CarPlay™ feature, it works with or without your phone. Added bonus only by Honda: 10 years of free map updates!
- Electric Windscreen: You’ll notice a couple of things about the Gold Wing’s windscreen. First, it’s electrically controlled, moving both up and down over an 4.9-inch range for the Gold Wing Tour (4.1 inches for the Gold Wing) as well as changing its angle as it raises and lowers. Plus, it automatically remembers the last setting. Because you sit closer to the windscreen, it has a narrower, lower, more sporting profile, yet still offers excellent protection.
- Fairing: Back in the 1980s, the Gold Wing was the first bike to introduce full-coverage fairings as original equipment, and this latest one is one of our best. It offers excellent wind and weather protection, yet is trimmer and more aerodynamic than our previous models. It also flows more air through refined ducting, helping keep you cooler on hot summer days.
- Rider/Passenger Location: The shorter engine and innovative front suspension let us move the rider farther forward, enhancing the bike’s handling and making you feel more connected to the motorcycle’s steering axis.
- Rider/Passenger Seating: The seats use a special material that makes it easier to move around, and the front portion of the rider’s seat is narrower, making it easier to reach the ground. The rider can enjoy an optional backrest, and on our Gold Wing models without a trunk, there’s also an optional backrest for the passenger.
- Human Machine Interface (HMI): Ever have to scroll through some abstract menu to access a feature on your electronic device? You’ll find plenty of simple, dedicated switches and controls on your Gold Wing’s handlebars, ergonomically placed, which give you simple, intuitive control inputs that zero out frustration. There is also a centralized control knob in the console similar to modern autos.
- Engine Type: 1833cc liquid-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 73 mm x 73 mm
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Ignition: Full transistorized Ignition
- Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; four valves per cyclinder
- Transmission: Seven-speed automatic DCT, plus reverse and walking mode
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: Double Wishbone Type; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro Arm® single-side swingarm with Pro-Link® single shock with computer-controlled spring preload adjustment with two memory presets; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Hydraulic; dual 320 mm discs
- Rear Brake: Hydraulic; single 316 mm disc
- Front Tire: 130/70R-18
- Rear Tire: 200/55-16
- Rake: 30.5 deg.
- Trail: 109 mm (4.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 66.7 in.
- Seat Height: 29.3 in.
- Curb Weight: 833 lb. Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 5.55 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: TBD
- Model ID: GL1800
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA standards.
- Available Colors: Darkness Black Metallic
- Three Years: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; Up to 8 years extended coverage available with Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- Horizontally opposed six-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 73 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Full transistorized Ignition
- Seven-speed automatic DCT, plus reverse and walking mode
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- Double Wishbone Type; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro Arm® single-side swingarm with Pro-Link® single shock with computer-controlled spring preload adjustment with two memory presets; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic; dual 320 mm discs
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic; single 316 mm disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 66.7 in.
- Seat Height
- 29.3 in.
- 30.5 deg.
- 109 mm (4.3 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.55 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 833 lb.
- Darkness Black Metallic
- Three years transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; Up to 8 years extended coverage available with Honda Protection Plan